Press Release Detail
SHIFT TO MULTI-CLOUD ARCHITECTURES REQUIRES NEW DATA MANAGEMENT APPROACHES TO IMPROVE CLOUD FLEXIBILITY AND ROI, SAYS NEW STUDY
BPI Network Report Examines Growing Move to Cloud-First IT Strategies and Challenges in Realizing Full Benefits of Agility, Cost Efficiency and Compliance
(San Jose, Calif - November 1, 2017)
Leading enterprises are increasingly turning to the Cloud as the go-to platform for managing explosive data growth. Companies are shifting to hybrid and multi-Cloud architectures to improve IT efficiencies, access state-of-the-art applications and technology, and increase flexibility to meet changing business and user demands.
A new report from the Business Performance Innovation (BPI) Network underscores that despite significant progress, companies are early in this transition to the Cloud and face major challenges, including the need for new Cloud skills, concerns about data geo-sovereignty and corporate policy compliance, security and the challenges of implementing a flexible multi-Cloud strategy where data can be moved freely to the Cloud of choice.
The report, entitled “Gain the Ability for Cloud Agility: Assessing Enterprise Capacity to Embrace a Multi-Cloud Strategy,” incorporates in-depth interviews with top IT executives from corporations like Viacom, The Coca Cola Company, DHL, Embraer and others. DBM Cloud Systems, a rapidly emerging leader in intelligent management of Cloud data, sponsored the study.
Download the study at http://www.bpinetwork.org/cloud-agility-report
Key findings in the report include:
- A massive shift to hybrid-Cloud and multi-Cloud architectures is underway at leading corporations worldwide, and IT executives expect the transformation to accelerate.
- A dramatic increase in unstructured data in the Cloud is being driven by a new generation of real-time applications and connected devices—and the desire to mine that data to extract greater intelligence and value.
- Enterprises face challenges in cost-efficiently and seamlessly migrating and replicating data across multi-Cloud environments, creating potential challenges for big data analytics, application performance, vendor lock-in, and regulatory compliance.
- IT executives want to improve their ability to move data between Cloud platforms without manual reconfiguration in order to access Cloud-specific applications and/or capture lower priced Cloud services.
- Data replication can be costly and complex and executives are ready to embrace solutions that enable them to improve their technical abilities and economics in this area.
“Most companies are moving to multi-Cloud and hybrid-Cloud environments that mix and match private and public Clouds with on-premise systems depending on specific needs,” said Dave Murray, head of thought leadership for the BPI Network. “But these mixed models come with challenges. Our study underscores the need for enterprises to improve their agility to move data across Clouds to increase cost-efficiencies, drive better data analytics and performance, and ensure compliance.”
“The findings of this study are consistent with what we are hearing from our customers” said Dixon Doll, Jr., CEO of DBM Cloud Systems. “Our customers are looking for better Cloud orchestration and Cloud data management solutions; particularly the ability to selectively replicate data to the right Cloud end-points to access desired Cloud applications and services.”
About DBM Cloud Systems
DBM Cloud Systems is a Silicon Valley-based company pioneering an intelligent software platform which addresses three critical Cloud data challenges: A technical problem around the movement of data between different Clouds; a business problem around out-of-control Cloud spend; and the regulatory compliance requirements that company’s face in storing data. With DBM software, companies gain management insights into where their data is located, choice around which datasets to move to access critical Cloud-based applications and true Cloud optimization and pricing. DBM software is hardware and Cloud agnostic bringing competitive advantages to IT organizations challenged with the management, cost and growth of their unstructured data. Learn more about http://www.dbmclouds.com
About BPI Network
The Business Performance Innovation (BPI) Network is a peer-driven thought leadership and professional networking organization reaching some 50,000 heads of IT transformation, change management, business re-engineering, process improvement, and strategic planning. It is dedicated to advancing the emerging roles of the Chief Innovation Officer and Innovation Strategist within today’s enterprise. The BPI Network brings together global executives who are champions of change within their organizations through ongoing research, authoritative content and peer-to-peer conversations. For more information, visit http://www.bpinetwork.orgBack to Press Releases